All our meat is carefully sourced and chosen from quality suppliers and prepared by us on the premises. If you’ve only ever bought meat from the supermarket, we urge you to try ours. Not only does it taste better and we can tell you exactly where it comes from, but we can also cut it to your liking and advise you how best to cook it. If you want a special cut or just want to know how much to buy to feed the number of people you’re cooking for, just ask us.
And it’s not just about the meat itself; we can also help you get the best from it.
- What sort of meat goes best with …?
- How long should I cook this for?
- I’m cooking for 6 people, how much should I buy?
- What’s the best cut for a casserole?
- I’ve read in a recipe that I need this “French Trimmed”. What does that mean? Can you do it?
- How long can I keep this for?
These are just some of the questions we get asked.
We can help you with all of these and much more. We have some questions for you too. Do you prefer smoked or unsmoked bacon? Traditional Old English sausages or something a bit more unusual? Have you tried our Hogs Pudding?
Then, of course, to bring out the flavour of the meat, there’s the sauces, pickles, chutneys and other accompaniments. Oh yes, we can keep you stocked up and ready to put a great meal together. On that note, have you checked out our recipes? Perhaps you’d like to send us one of yours?